LATE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
This page contains the guidelines for the submission of abstracts to the EU PVSEC Conference.
1. CONTENT AND FORMAT OF YOUR ABSTRACT
The abstract should contain new scientific work that has not been presented in another conference or published elsewhere. Each abstract will be reviewed by at least three independent experts from the global PV community.
Abstracts (in the format of 1 page + up to 3 explanatory pages) shall be written in English and include short sections addressing:
- Full paper title
- Full name, affiliation, address, e-mail and phone of one author for all correspondence
- For all other authors, full name, affiliation and e-mail
- Summary of the Abstract
- Applicable topic and subtopic number (e.g. 1.2) and a brief justification of the choice of subtopic to assist the evaluation process.
- Aim and approach used
- Scientific innovation and relevance
- Results or preliminary results and conclusions
“Aim and approach used”, “Scientific innovation and relevance” and “Results or preliminary results and conclusions” provide the basis for the review and programme selection process, so please make sure to address all three aspects.
The total length should not be more than four A4 pages. We recommend a minimum of 2 pages in total to ensure a comprehensive evaluation of your work. We encourage authors to provide enough information to be evaluated correctly.
2. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
- Make sure that you have an account for the User Area. If you haven´t done it yet, please create an account in the User Area.
- Send your Late Abstract to the e-mail address
- The correct subtopic must be indicated to ensure a correct scoring. The abstract content must be related to the subtopic chosen. During the review period, the Scientific Committee may move an abstract to a more appropriate subtopic, if deemed necessary. Check the list of Conference Topics and Subtopics.
- Send your abstract in PDF format. Please make sure that your abstract PDF is not password protected.
- If you would like to withdraw your abstract after the submission deadline, please contact us by email at
3. HOW IS MY ABSTRACT EVALUATED?
1. Abstract Review Process and Notification of Authors
The international Scientific Committee, made up of around 250 leading experts from the global PV community, will review all abstracts that have been submitted on time and in the correct format, and suggest contributions for oral or for visual/poster presentation.
The main selection criteria are:
- in line with the selected subtopic
- relevance for other groups active in PV
- clearly understandable and direct to the point
advancement in terms of progress and novelty
scientific quality as well as the probability of a good presentation at the conference
If positively evaluated by the Scientific Committee, the abstract will be selected for Plenary, Oral or Visual/poster presentation. Plenary and Oral presentations are reserved for contributions covering a wider scope which are of interest to a broader audience and address the progress and novelties within the topic. Visual/poster presentations are mostly dedicated to issues of interest for specialists in a particular field.
Corresponding authors will be notified of the outcome of their abstract’s evaluation.
30 minutes speaking slot with Power Point
20 minutes speaking slot with Power Point
15 minutes speaking slot with PowerPoint
Presentation through poster displayed during 4 days (Monday – Thursday) of the Conference. During Visual presentation sessions, authors of posters are requested to be present at their posters at the time indicated in the Conference Programme. This will give all delegates the opportunity for direct interaction, questions and discussion.
2. Presentations and manuscripts
After the notification of authors, the Notes for Authors and Instructions for Preparation of Papers will be available online. These documents contain important information on how to prepare your presentation and your manuscript to be included in the Conference Proceedings.
4. IMPORTANT KEYDATES
Deadline for submission of abstracts
Deadline extended: 10 February 2023
Abstracts review and evaluation by the Scientific Committee
Notifications of authors
Submission of manuscript for the Conference Proceedings
5. REGISTRATION OF PRESENTERS/AUTHORS
Presenters and authors have to register for the Conference and to pay the respective conference registration fee. Please note that acceptance of your abstract for presentation in the Conference Programme, does not automatically register you for the Conference.